Sheep

Sheep

Friday, July 22, 2011

Original Sin

After standing in our garden the past few sweltering nights, eating fresh from the tree apricots and right off the bush red raspberries, I started to ponder if original sin isn't just referring to the act of disobedience, but to the act of eating fruit in a beautiful garden.

There is something about the way that fruit tastes if it truly fresh, how you have to stop yourself from picking the entire tree or bush or vine clean in a glutinous manner. Our apricots are the juiciest fruit I have ever eaten, sure to drip off your elbows with each bite. They are so tart and sweet at the same time!

The red raspberries are on their way out, but not before I pick handfuls at a time. The slightly overripe taste of these little rubies is tormenting me.

Our peas are amazing, and bountiful tomatoes are threatening to turn red at any moment.

When I look around our personal Eden, I cannot help but echo God's sentiment...

"...and God saw that it was good."
Genesis 1:10

1 comment:

  1. "...and God saw that it was good."
    Genesis 1:10 ....and then he kicked them out? Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete