Sheep

Sheep

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A dream he didn't know he had.

So we did it.

We signed a lease for a farmette. We are the proud almost owners of an almost farm. We have a beautiful, one of a kind home, 18 acres, a two car garage and a tree house. We have a huge garden, a small orchard and mature grapevines.

We also have 3 lambs, 8 chickens, 4 cats and 1 rooster.

We have not even moved in yet and our every waking moment is consumed by our planning. As we lay in bed last night, Farmer Travis stated in a voice of wonder;

"It is like a dream come true. A dream I didn't even know I had."

I always dreamed of having a farm. I hoped and dreamed and planned for an adventure in vegetable gardens and livestock. I never imagined that we would be blessed so quickly and so fully.

So now our adventure is beginning in full force. We are moving in a few weeks, but until then we are working on the house daily, and Googling answers to all of our questions and quandaries. I figured a blog would be great fun for us to share our adventure, so feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment