Sheep

Sheep

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Enchilada

 The only hen with a white tipped tail.
I rather enjoy naming animals. Also people and places, but right now, I am bestowing names on some of our animals.

This is Enchilada. She earned her name because that is exactly what I am going to make out of her if she doesn't shape up!

Enchilada is numero uno in the pecking order. She is bossy, vocal and into everything. If I walk out on the deck with anything in my hands, she sprints (yes, chickens sprint) as fast as she can to me to find out what is going on. Anywhere I go in the yard, I can find Enchilada right behind me.

None of our chickens, or the rooster for that matter, are aggressive towards us. Enchilada just drives me nuts with her nosiness. She had gotten into our living room, the cab of the truck and on top of the car. She supervises me constantly, clucking her two cents worth.

I flipped her a couple of Fruit Loops today, to see maybe if she would be a little less vocal. She is following me even more closely now.

No comments:

Post a Comment